For information about some of these events see the descriptions below.
- Belly Dancing classes
- every Tuesday at 6:00pm – commencing September 2017
- Israeli Folk Dancing classes
- every second Wednesday at 4:15pm – commencing January 17, 2018
- Yiddish Club (with Breakfast
- last Sunday of each month at 9:45am
- Bagels, Books, and Media Review (with Brunch)
- Sunday mornings at 10:00am (6 sessions per year)
- Movie nights
- To be announced
- Open lectures with visiting dignitaries
- To be announced
|January 28, 2018||The Peninsula Orchestra
|March 24, 2018
|Suzuki Niagara Concert
|March 28th, 2018
|Thorold Reed Band
|May 27, 2018||Peninsula Orchestra 40th Anniversary Concert and Celebratory Reception
Led by one of our members who is well versed in Yiddish language, culture and customs will present movies, dialogue and items of interest to the club members who meet once a month for fun and entertainment.
Bagels, Books, and Media Review
Guest speakers from the community meet over a light breakfast and discuss books they have read or tell stories about historical events in their life that may be of interest. New books for the Library will be introduced and presented by the Congregation’s Librarian.
Movies of various Jewish themes are presented to members and guests for a small fee that includes popcorn and beverages Folowing the movie presentation, viewers have an opportunity to discuss the film presented.
Watch the YouTube video in this LINK and see photos of some of our recent Holiday Celebrations.
In addition to these social events in our Congregation, the Jewish community is active in several local programs:
- Food collection for Community Care
- Mayor’s Committee on Race Relations
- Out of the Cold